Under administrative direction from the Associate Athletic Director for Student Services, the Assistant Athletic Director for Student Services & Academics assists in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Services.
- Responsible for implementing program priorities, setting goals and objectives for staff in the ongoing process of a program.
- Develops systematic approach and maintains efficient and effective daily workflow in an area, and submits reports as assigned.
- Serves as an integral part of the decision-making process contributing to the goals compatible with the organizations established to implement the mission established by an employing unit or external board.
- Provides leadership, communicates commitment and sets expectations for staff.
- Manages human and material resources, maintains appropriate records, including communication and follow-up on pertinent matters.
- Serves as a resource and conduit of information for student-athletes, coaches, and staff, as well as serves as a liaison to campus partners and community groups, expanding internal and external program development.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, policies, procedures and guidelines established by the Western Athletic Conference and the NCAA.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Ability to set priorities and complete assignments on time.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and any similar software.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships and work collaboratively with coaches, students, staff and external constituents.