The Assistant Director for Compliance works with the Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance to ensure institutional NCAA and Ivy League rules compliance governing intercollegiate athletics operations. Utilizing critical thinking skills and an in-depth knowledge and application of NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations, this position supports the creation of implementation of institutional systems and procedures required to govern the conduct of the institution’s intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with computer programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to successfully work with several constituencies at once and immediately address and resolve problems and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to operate within the parameters of institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and policies.
- Stewardship and accountability executed by using sound and ethical judgement.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and wellbeing.
- Post baccalaureate degree in sports administration or relevant field.
- Previous experience working within NCAA, Ivy League or other Division I Athletics institution.
- Experience with interpretation and application of extensive and complex regulations.
- Prior experience with ARMS/Teamworks software.