The Assistant Director for Events, working under the direction of the Associate Director of Athletics for Events, is responsible for supporting the Department’s event operations and scheduling management and strategy. This position will have primary oversight as Event Manager directing and executing home varsity athletic contests at the Malkin Athletic Center, and secondary oversight with all other varsity events.
- Provide on-site management for varsity athletic events. Using own judgment, will identify and resolve event and/or operations issues during contests, which could include emergency issues, troubleshooting building or facility issues, and spectator/fan concerns. Has the discretion to make decisions within the scope of responsibilities, while keeping supervisor informed. Ensure compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League, and University rules and regulations.
- Hire, train, and manage two events and operations interns, and a student event staff comprised of 50+ new employees each year. Supervises work and processes, assigns work and has primary responsibility for evaluating performance of interns and event staff.
- Oversee scheduling for various athletic facilities – including managing, negotiating, and allocating approximately 112 hours/week of winter bubble scheduling for Harvard Stadium, monitoring of weather patterns, and determining impact on activities.
- Oversee facility setup and overall preparedness for game days.
- Communicate and answer game-related questions with visiting teams, officials, and security personnel before, during, and after contests.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience.