The Assistant Director, Sports Medicine assists in the administration of a Division I Intercollegiate Athletic program (Olympic Sports) in adherence to all University and Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure regulations. Duties include the prevention, treatment, rehabilitation of athletic injuries, coordination of insurance claims, and travel with athletic teams.
- Bachelor's degree in athletic training or related field is required.
- One year of experience in collegiate athletic training is required.
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) certification as an Athletic Trainer is required. A State Board of Medical Licensure Certification in Athletic Training is required.
- A Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure Athletic Training Certification Is Preferred.
- The successful applicant will obtain a Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure within 3 months if not held at hire.
- Valid state driver's license is required.
- Prevent injuries, treat sports related injuries, and rehabilitate assigned student athletes including taping, bracing, first aid, surgery consultation, medical communication, therapy, and follow up exercises. Monitor environmental conditions.
- Help recruit, organize and coordinate medical coverage for all summer camps and clinics associated with university athletic programs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Complete all other duties as assigned to ensure the successful operation of the department.