The Assistant Director for Sports Medicine coordinates the medical care of student-athletes in assigned sports, including the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses. The Assistant Director for Sports Medicine will assist in the daily operation of the athletic training room and act as a preceptor in the athletic training program.
- Provide athletic training coverage of assigned sports.
- Coordinate the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses of student-athletes.
- Assist in the clinical instruction of the athletic training students.
- Maintain proper injury records, including daily treatments and rehab, initial and follow up notes, and special reports.
- Establish a line of communication with athletes, parents, physicians, and coaches.
- Submit an injury report to the Head Coach of the assigned sports on a regular basis.
- Contribute positively to the goals and mission of the Athletic Training Department through providing quality service to the student-athlete and continually seeking out educational opportunities for professional growth.
- Assist in the inventory process and purchasing of medical supplies, equipment and pharmaceuticals.
- Assist in the planning of the medical coverage for TU sport camps.