The purpose of this position is to design and implement a strength and conditioning programs for the Grambling State University Men’s Basketball team, Women’s Basketball team and Bowling team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing programs to increase athletic ability to reduce injuries and to improve performance specific to the sport while instilling a winning attitude and work ethic.
- Assist in all facets of testing, tracking, screening data collection and nutritional needs of the student-athlete.
- Assist in maintain accurate data of student-athlete’s progress with the strength and condition program.
- Develop, maintain and nurture a relationship with the athletic training staff to ensure the student-athlete’s overall physical heath is maintained.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules as it pertains to assigned job duties and the scope of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required from a regionally accredited college or university.
- One year of related experience as a collegiate strength and conditioning certified coach along with experience under a certified strength and conditioning coach.
- Must possess CSCS (through NSCA) OR SCCC (through CSCCA) certification plus CPR/AED Certification.
- Credentials must be obtained prior to the start of employment.
- Sound judgment and maturity.