The Assistant Director for Sports Performance will provide instruction and training in the area of sports performance to selected teams and individuals participating in intercollegiate athletics at Western Illinois University. The Assistant Director will work under the direction of the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Performance to provide supervision and training for student-athletes, including but not limited to strength and conditioning as well as assisting with nutrition.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Certified with NSCA-CSCS and/or CSCCa-SCCC
- Two (2) years of experience at the collegiate level;
- Demonstrated understanding of, and implementation of programs and procedures to ensure full compliance with the NCAA, conference and institutional rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, manage and supervise a department unit;
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equity and diversity;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Master's degree in Sport Management or Kinesiology (health related field).
- Experience in NCAA Division I athletics.
WIU has a non-discrimination policy that includes discrimination based on an individual's membership in the following classes: sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other classes protected by state or federal law.