Reporting to the Senior Associate AD for Communications, the assistant director will assist in covering all Sacred Heart varsity sports and will be the primary contact for selected sports. The assistant director will serve as the liaison between the media, student-athletes and coaches.
- Serve as the primary athletic communications contact for assigned athletic programs, very possibly including FOOTBALL.
- Coordinate all aspects of publicity efforts for those sports, including but not limited to - in-game and historical statistics, preparation and dissemination of information to the media and promotion of student-athletes and coaches to media and for postseason and weekly awards.
- Work closely with production staff on NEC Front Row and other broadcasts, assist in production of content for YouTube, social media and in-game video board content.
- Assist with the management of graduate students, interns and student workers.
- Provide support as member of stat crews, public address announcer, etc.
- Maintain the athletics website (i.e. rosters, previews and recaps, stats, records, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent, in communications, journalism, sports management or a related field of study. 2-3 years of experience in a college or professional athletics setting as graduate assistant, full-time intern or full-time employee with direct experience working with coaches, athletes and teams.
- Candidates should have strong oral and writing skills, proficiency In desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), experience with in-game statistical software (Genius & StatCrew).
- Advanced proficiency in writing and interviewing with knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Advanced proficiency in use and knowledge of all social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.