Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Athletic Communications. The University’s athletic program fields 20 Division II intercollegiate teams (9 men’s and 11 women’s) and boasts more than 500 student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all Department of Athletics and University-related activities operate in full compliance with university, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations. Attends and participates in scheduled compliance seminars and complies with all the Athletic Department’s efforts to monitor compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Fulfill the role of primary contact for assigned SVSU athletic programs. This includes in-person coverage of home athletic events, nights and weekend work hours, statistical inputting, overseeing scheduled student staff, operation and execution of live stream feed to FloSports, and writing recaps for all completed contests.
- Create social media content to inform and promote all assigned SVSU sport teams on the SVSU Athletics social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok.
- Bachelor’s degree in sport management, communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- One year’s experience working in a college athletic communications department.
- Demonstrated ability with computer-based applications, including video editing software.
- Advanced knowledge of PC and Macintosh computer formats.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a high-stress environment.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Experience and ability to positively interact with a diverse campus community.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.