Quinnipiac University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Athletic Communication. The ideal candidate for Assistant Director of Athletic Communication will be a highly motivated and team oriented individual who will oversee publicity efforts for 3-4 sports as assigned. Successful candidates must have the ability to be strong storytellers and produce quality communications content, including feature stories and news releases, for multiple platforms (print, web, social media, video) consistent with department and university mission and goals.
- Assist in the publicity of the University’s Athletics program.
- Effectively utilize technology such as video and social media to market, promote, and enhance the visibility of Quinnipiac Athletics in line with department goals
- Manage team-specific social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Produce timely press releases and score reporting, game/feature stories, game programs, etc.
- Record statistics for select games
- Assist in managing home athletic events
- Will be required to assist with setup and production of ESPN+ live broadcasts from all venues.
- 2-3 years of experience in athletic communications in either a college or professional setting is required.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Indesign, MS Office Suite, NCAA LiveStats and Statcrew programs, as well as video editing and streaming programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal are required. Video content capturing and editing skills preferred.
Must be a self-starter, while demonstrating the ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Considerable initiative and creativity is necessary while also displaying the ability to assume responsibility and work as a member of a team.