Quinnipiac University invites applications for an Assistant Director of Athletic Communication. The ideal candidate for Assistant Director of Athletic Communication will be a highly motivated and team oriented individual who will oversee publicity efforts for 3-4 sports as assigned.
- Assist in the publicity of the University’s Athletics program.
- Effectively utilize technology such as video and social media to market, promote, and enhance the visibility of Quinnipiac Athletics in line with department goals.
- Manage team-specific social media, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Produce timely press releases and score reporting, game/feature stories, game programs, etc.
- Record statistics for select games.
- Assist in managing home athletic events.
- Will be required to assist with setup and production of ESPN+ live broadcasts from all venues.
- Extended night and weekend hours will be required at times, along with some travel.
- 2-3 years of experience in athletic communications in either a college or professional setting is required.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop and Indesign, MS Office Suite, NCAA LiveStats and Statcrew programs, as well as video editing and streaming programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal are required. Video content capturing and editing skills preferred.
Must be a self-starter, while demonstrating the ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Considerable initiative and creativity is necessary while also displaying the ability to assume responsibility and work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.