Reporting to the Senior Associate AD for Communications, the assistant director will assist in covering all of Sacred Heart's varsity sports and will be the primary contact for selected sports. The assistant director will serve as the liaison between the media, student-athletes and coaches.
- Serve as the primary athletic communications for assigned athletic programs.
- Coordinate all aspects of publicity efforts for those sports, including but not limited to - in-game and historical statistics, preparation and dissemination of information to the media and promotion of student-athletes and coaches to media and for postseason and weekly awards.
- Work closely with production staff on NEC Front Row and other broadcasts, assist in production of content for YouTube, social media and in-game video board content
- Assist with the management of graduate students, interns and student workers.
- Provide support as member of stat crews, public address announcer, etc.
- Maintain the athletic website with pre and post game stories, stats, records, etc.
- Participate in creation and implementation of department social media strategy and campaigns to increase publicity and event attendance
- Serve as key strategist and producer for the creation of engaging content to promote events, accolades, awards and recognition of Sacred Heart Athletics.
Knowledge and Skills Needed:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent, in communications, journalism, sports management or a related field of study. 2-3 years of experience in a college or professional athletic setting as graduate assistant, full-time intern or full-time employee.
- Candidates should have strong oral and writing skills, proficiency In desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), experience with in-game statistical software (Genius & StatCrew) new media applications (Instagram Twitter, etc) and basic computer applications.
- Advanced proficiency in writing and interviewing with knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Advanced proficiency in use and knowledge of all social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Proficient knowledge of full range of production techniques including graphics, photography, videotaping, lighting, editing methods and equipment.