This position manages all sports information and public relations duties for several NCAA Division I teams, including men's ice hockey; develops and implements strategies to increase awareness of the department's achievements through both traditional and social media; creates, designs, researches, writes and edits publications for assigned sports, including media kits, game notes, postseason guides, game programs and websites to create positive public message and image for department, with other duties as assigned.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as the primary media relations contact for select sports with responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, working as the primary liaison between student-athletes, coaches, and administrators and media contacts; writing press releases and feature stories; developing relationships with media members; championship preparation and coverage; and administering athletic and academic awards programs in assigned sports.
- Compile in-game statistics and manage game day staff for select sports.
- Direct social media strategy for assigned sports and assist in implementation of overall social media strategy.
- Create original content for GoHolyCross.com and various social media platforms; assist with video creation and idea development.
- Design and edit Holy Cross publications for all assigned sports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field. Two-three years' experience working in athletics media relations/public relations.
- Experience with ice hockey is preferred but not required. Computer proficient, knowledgeable in desktop publishing, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience with Stat Crew and Genius statistical software.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, including interviewing skills.
- Experience with web management, social media strategy and content creation preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under deadline pressure.
- Ideal candidate will possess a passion for innovation and collaboration.