The Assistant Director of Athletic Development will serve as a gift officer for Northern Kentucky University’s intercollegiate athletics program. Develop and implement a vital and comprehensive fund raising program with the primary purpose of generating community, corporate, and alumni support as well as private funding for the identified priorities of the athletic department and the University in association with the Assistant Athletic Director – Development.
1. Assist in the coordination of capital and annual campaign fund raising efforts from planning through implementation.
2. Direct all aspects of the Go Norse Fund annual giving program, including annual fund renewals, annual fund benefit disbursements, annual fund solicitations and communications, and oversight of the Go Norse Fund Priority Points system.
3. Assist in directing all cultivation, stewardship and solicitation strategies for private support from donors and prospects. Engage in personal solicitation of annual, planned, special, and major gifts for athletic department priorities as well as other campus initiatives when appropriate. Manage a portfolio of approximately 175 donors, consisting of annual fund and major gift donors, with planned solicitations of up to $10,000 or greater. Conduct 180 face-to-face visits per year, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship visits.
4. Direct and coordinate annual fundraising events, designed to generate revenue for NKU Athletics on an annual basis as part of annual fundraising initiatives (i.e. Go Norse Fund Golf Outing, “Night with the Norse” Gala, sport specific alumni events, etc).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of related experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in directing a successful annual fund program.
- Demonstrated record of successful gift solicitation.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows application is required and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.