The Assistant Director of Athletic Facilities and Event Operations is responsible for supervising athletic facilities and event operations, to include daily operations, maintenance/repair, and the management of home competitions and outside facility rentals.
- Supervises the daily operation, maintenance, repair and improvement of all athletic facilities, both indoor and outdoor, including the initiation of service requests and work orders.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates all temporary facilities staff, student workers, and contracted event staff.
- Assesses staffing needs and schedules appropriate staffing for set up and breakdown of all intercollegiate athletic practices/events within indoor and outdoor athletic facilities, as well as outside rentals.
- Serves as Event Manager for selected home athletic events and outside rentals.
- Collaborates with Support Services, Public Safety, and the University Events Manager to ensure safe and efficient facility usage and event operations.
- Maintains effective relationships with departmental coaches and staff, campus representatives, and the public.
- Demonstrated skills in electrical, audio/visual production, equipment service/repair, and carpentry.
- Experience in managing areas related to records, facilities, materials, and staff.
- Basic computer skills.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations, and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in a sports or entertainment setting.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.