Leads and manages the daily operations and maintenance of Athletics buildings, including access to facilities via key and card access, maintenance scheduling and oversight, as well as general housekeeping and event support. Supervises evening and weekend building managers and front desk staff.
- 3-5 years of experience in athletics facilities operational management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong management and supervisory skills developed from previous experience managing and directing the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize program components.
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to exercise judgment and initiative and to interact with athletics staff, athletes, and athletics patrons.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Determines and provides oversight of day-to-day building maintenance and repair needs, including custodial needs and setting cleaning schedules for all athletic facilities. Works with Building Maintenance Technician to ensure that buildings mechanical operations are functioning as needed.
- Enters work orders to FO&M for general building maintenance needs, repairs, and event coverage. Follows up with shop supervisors to ensure the completion of work.
- Partners with the Assistant Athletics Director for Event Management and Operations to ensure all FO&M work orders, schedules and custodial needs are submitted to trades shops for all varsity athletics events and special events.
- Manages contracts with outside vendors and customers for special events.
- Assists the Deputy Director and Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations with facility maintenance projects.
- Oversees routine building inspections to ensure facility rules and regulations are being adhered to and enforces proper safety procedures. Resolves facility problems; responds to user inquiries, complaints, concerns, and problems related to facilities, access, schedules, entitlement, maintenance, etc.
- Oversees staffing of building managers and determines coverage for all hours of operation. Develops policies and plans for coverage, including emergency fill-in.