The Assistant Director for Athletic Performance assists the Assistant AD for Athletic Performance in the oversight of all aspects of the athletic performance program in accordance with NCAA, American Athletic Conference and University rules and regulations. The Assistant Director for Athletic Performance reports directly to the Assistant Athletics Director for Athletic Performance.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive strength and conditioning training programs for assigned sport program(s).
- Serve as a positive role model for student-athletes.
- Develop leaders in a championship culture by teaching the values of hard work, attention to detail, discipline, and enthusiasm.
- Maintain up-to-date records on the strength and conditioning program of each assigned team and specific individual workouts for student-athletes in assigned sports.
- Oversee strength and conditioning programming for teams as directed by the Assistant AD for Athletic Performance.
- Establish and maintains a professional relationship with students, staff, alumni and the general public in an effort to promote the university and its athletics program.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field.
- Minimum one year of strength training experience; current certification from a nationally accredited strength & conditioning program.
- Current CPR/AED certification (course cannot be completed solely online).
The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status. The University of Tulsa is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/ Veteran.