Under general supervision, the Assistant Director of Athletic Performance assists with the management and maintenance of the weight training facility. The incumbent assists with the development and enforcement of policies and procedures of the weight training facility and Athletic Performance program.
- Assists with coordinating the work of volunteer coaches, interns, and/or student workers.
- Assists with communication with sport coaches updating that team’s strength and conditioning status which includes off-season beginning and season-ending meetings as well as follow-up prior to every training cycle.
- Assists with implementing timely tests and evaluations of assigned sports programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Science, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field from an accredited institution required.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist certification (CSCS) through NSCA or Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) by the CSCCA.
- Current CPR/AED certifications required; Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC) preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of practical experience as a strength and conditioning specialist experience training collegiate athletes preferred.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability.