The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Director of Athletic Performance for Football. This position will report directly to the Director of Athletic Performance for Football and will work only with the Football team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of performance programming for the football team, including strength and conditioning, speed and agility, and injury prevention strategies.
- Collaborate with the Director of Athletic Performance for Football to develop individualized training programs for football student-athletes to maximize performance and minimize injury risk.
- Oversee the Athletic Performance Assistant for Football and the Athletic Performance interns, providing guidance and feedback as necessary.
- Monitor the progress of football student-athletes, regularly assessing their physical development and making necessary adjustments to their training programs.
- Work with the coaching staff to ensure that the performance program is integrated effectively with the team's practice and game schedule.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Training and Sports Medicine staff to ensure that football student-athletes are receiving appropriate care and rehabilitation for injuries.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1 year of collegiate athletic/sports performance or comparable experience required.
- Must be certified by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA) or the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and current on CPR/AED and first aid certification.