- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate program development for athletics.
- Assists in the selection of intramural and athletic coaches and staff.
- Organizes and conducts orientation of athletic coaches and staff.
- Oversees the completion of evaluations of athletic coaches and staff; maintains records of required coaching permits and/or certifications for first aid, CPR and Mod. 15.
- Assists in the hiring of officials, security/police and other personnel necessary and required for the proper administration of home games.
- Oversees the system wide athletic transportation schedules.
SKILLS/ABILITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Holds degree in Education and Administration and Supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of athletics.
- Demonstrated successful experience in work with staff, students, parents and the community in an urban setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an education team, setting and maintaining high standards for staff.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Knowledge of State of Connecticut Statutes regulating coaching.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D.