The Assistant Director of Athletics reports directly to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for supporting and advancing the operational excellence of the athletic department. In addition to the regular tasks assigned to this position, the position also will be assigned specific projects that will evolve regularly based on the needs of Austin Prep.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in sports management.
- Strong organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve deadlines under pressure.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- To support the Director of Athletics in the execution of the school’s athletic development plan.
- To assist in the creation and oversight of the development of athletic social media.
- Schedule all athletic transportation, referee assignments and outside vendors used to support athletic events.
- Maintain and update all sports schedules on Austin Prep website and crosscheck with any internal and external postings.
- Oversee the use of school athletic facilities by Austin Prep or visiting team support staff and assist in game setups for sport specific needs.
- To assist in the distribution and collection of coaching paperwork each season.