Essential Job Functions:
- Supports and contributes to the implementation of strategic initiatives within the department including proposing, implementing and assessing short and long term department goals.
- Supports the daily administration of the athletics department operations including, but not limited to, fundraising activities, admissions and student athlete academic success.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with university policies and procedures, as well as with national association and conference rules and regulations.
- Serves as the primary liaison for athletics for matters related to gender equity, diversity, inclusion, student-athlete well-being and student leadership.
- Collaborates with other university departments on matters that impact the student-athlete experience including developing programs and opportunities that promote the student athlete experience and support student athlete wellness.
- Administers student athletes' coach evaluations, coordinates and tracks department staff training, onboarding, development, awards and recognition programs and cultivates data trends and themes to assist in enacting departmental enhancements.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree.
- Moderate amount of experience working in athletics or in other related work.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification, or willingness to attain such certification(s) upon hire.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.