The Assistant Athletic Director of Athletics for Business Operations is an integral member of the athletics senior staff with oversight responsibilities over the daily operations of all business functions of the department. This position will work with administrators and coaches on the management of current budgets, day-to-day business operations and travel planning.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
- Oversight of team travel budget and development of long-range plans related to out of region and recess sport scheduling and travel planning
- Coordination all aspects of team travel for majority of the department's varsity teams, including planning and organization of meals, lodging, and travel (flights and ground transportation)
- Work with coaching staff and sport program administrators to finalize travel schedules and create team travel budgets each fiscal year.
- Work with coaches to prepare detailed itineraries for team travel and ensure all appropriate documentation such as hotel contracts, bus logistics, airline tickets, etc. are processed in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly financial and statistical reports for distribution to coaches and staff, as well as assist in the preparation of the annual Department of Education EADA report, NCAA financial reports, and Patriot League financial reports.
- Assist with departmental long range financial planning.
- Provide team support services to sport programs, including acting as a liaison across campus and with various external vendors.
- Bachelor's degree; Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience in a business or intercollegiate athletics setting; preferably in management or financial affairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of athletic business operations, including travel planning, budget forecasting and management.
- Proficiency in various financial accounting systems and computer software applications (Word, Excel, Office).
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.