The Assistant Director of Athletic Communication reports to the Director of Athletic Communications. Responsibilities include working as the primary media contact for assigned sports, assisting the Director of Athletics Communication in all areas of media relations, promotion and creative content for the department, executing gameday production and supervising gameday personnel.
- Design, implement and manage creative strategy and content creation for the department of athletics and recreation, including but not limited to social media, photography/graphic design, godiplomats.com, Diplomat Athletic Club philanthropy efforts and other special projects to increase brand recognition, highlight student-athletes and engage constituents.
- Facilitate production of web stream for assigned sports (and all other sports as needed).
- Direct athletics communication gameday personnel and volunteers for each game hosted by F&M of assigned sports, ensuring that all broadcast personnel, camera operators, statisticians and music operators provide a best-in-class experience for guests/viewers.
- Works in collaboration with communications, conference and national officials for weekly and post-season awards. Assists athletics communications office with updating of historical information and school record.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years communications or creative services experience is required.
- Experience use Google suite and Microsoft Word is requited.
- Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Because this position requires driving for college business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.