The Assistant Director of Athletics Communications will report to the Director of Athletics Communications and will be involved in all aspects of publicizing of all 20 of NCAA II Embry-Riddle's intercollegiate athletics teams, as well helping to build the ERAU Athletics brand.
- Publicity of the University’s athletic program.
- Coordinate all media activities for assigned sports, including live streaming of and live stats for all home events.
- Coverage of athletic events and provide in-game and post-game information to coaches and media, including statistics, in a timely and effective manner.
- Utilize social media for promotion and provision of information for ERAU’s sport programs.
- Design/produce/edit of all digital and print media for all varsity sports programs, including press releases, game programs, press guides and feature articles.
- Maintenance and day-to-day updating of Athletics website.
- Develop graphics for use in social media, brochures, programs and flyers.
- Nominate student-athletes for department/conference/regional/national awards.
- Develop and maintain and working relationship with coaches and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience in sports information, communication, public relations or related field.
- Experience in a college or professional sports information setting preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with both Mac and PC computers.
- Working knowledge of StatCrew /NCAA Live Stats/PrestoStats statistical software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience with video recording and editing, as well as motion graphics a plus.