Reporting to the Director of Athletics Communications, assists with the day to day communications and media relations for all 16 NCAA Division I sports as directed by the Director of Athletics Communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the role of an internal beat reporter, focusing on telling compelling stories in written, video, social media, graphics or other innovative formats in collaboration with team members in External Operations.
- Assist with the content generation and management of the athletics department website. Write and edit various department communication materials, including media guides, postseason publications, press releases, game notes and content for the department’s website.
- Work closely with athletics marketing staff to promote stories of the department through digital and social media platforms.
- Develop and write, both in news and feature form, press releases about the coaches and student-athletes and disseminate this information to the media and to the public via the athletics website and social media platforms in an effort to publicize teams.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, video editing software (including, but not limited to Sony Vegas Video and Final Cut Pro), etc.) and Ellucian Banner.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understand and commitment to compliance with APSU, OVC and NCAA policies, rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.