The Assistant Director of Athletics Communications will serve as the primary media contact for Illinois State Women’s Basketball. This position will actively participate in game day operations, utilize creative freedom to create engaging media coverage which may include competition photography, and produce creative social media content that is engaging and assists in recruiting, and participate in the pitching and writing of feature stories about coaches, student-athletes, and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, mass communications, journalism or related field.
- One (1) year (12 months) of professional experience working in the athletic communications/sports information field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience in writing and editing.
- Experience in Professional or Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Familiarity with NCAA Live Stats.
- 1 year social media content creation background.