The Assistant Director for Compliance is responsible in the oversight and monitoring all athletic activities to ensure compliance with all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II, the Sunshine State Conference (SSC), and Florida Institute of Technology rules and regulations.
Assist with the coordination of the precertification process to evaluate initial eligibility, amateurism, and admission status for prospective student-athletes, to include the evaluation of international and domestic transfer scholar-athletes.
Assist with the collection and reconciliation of playing & practice season, countable athletically related activity, and time management plan information. With coordinating administrative operations adhering to all athletic and university policies and protocols, documentation, internal and external partnerships, community service, travel arrangements, development, and execution of summer camps and programming for the campus and community.
Assist with execution of recruiting monitoring systems (Front Rush). Assist with data entry in compliance software for recruiting, eligibility, and financial aid. Prepare and submit NCAA and SSC waivers.
Assists in developing and implementing timely education programs for coaches and scholar-athletes; in maintaining program compliance with all leagues, conferences, and institutional rules and regulations.
Assists in monitoring Name, Image and Likeness disclosures and provides education to student-athletes as needed.
- At least 1-2 years of full-time experience working in an athletics compliance at the institutional, conference or national association level or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable of basic compliance office functions.
- Knowledgeable of NCAA Compliance Assistant (CA), TeamWorks, FrontRush or other compliance related software and Banner or other student services software (Peoplesoft, Colleague, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to balance multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office with the ability to quickly learn and works with new software programs.
- Must have successful experience working in a collaborative and team oriented environment.