The Assistant Athletic Director of Athletics/Equipment is responsible for approving the issuance, maintenance, and upkeep of the equipment and apparel for 16 varsity sport programs. Overseeing the Director of equipment operations, will supervise, coordinate, and participate in all activities related to purchasing, storing, issuing, fitting, and repairing athletic equipment, clothing and uniforms for intercollegiate athletics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operations of the athletics department equipment room.
- Supervise the Director of Equipment Operations, as well as equipment Graduate Assistant, Interns, student workers, and volunteers.
- Plan and deliver work assignments, plan and coordinate work schedules, as well as train and develop staff.
- Verify need for and approve each athletic equipment and apparel order for all sport teams and departments.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of the equipment budget for each intercollegiate sports programs. Works with sport team head coaches to plan budget for area of responsibility. Responsible for operating within a budget.
- Oversee the purchase of equipment and supplies needed; reconcile vendor billings with goods received and approves payments of bills to include using Sci-quest to place orders and issue receipts.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Equipment Manager experience.
- Must be certified by the Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA); or, ability to acquire certification within six months of employment.