The Assistant Director of Athletics for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging will lead the athletic department’s efforts to build and maintain a culture of mutual respect and to combat identity-based bias. This position will provide equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (EDIB) support to student-athletes, coaches, and staff through education and training programs.
- Serve as a point of support and resource to student-athletes, coaches, and staff regarding EDIB efforts within teams.
- Design and lead programs, workshops, panels, and other events to further student-athlete, coach, and staff knowledge in EDIB and how they can incorporate them into their daily interactions and routines.
- Collaborate with coaches, staff, and human resources to develop and implement hiring policies that attract diverse candidate pools to open positions within the department.
- Engage in continuous policy and practice assessment to recommend changes that will advance EDIB within Athletics.
- Advise Athletics student-athlete affinity groups, including the Undergraduate Women of Harvard Athletics, Harvard Black Varsity Athlete Association, and Harvard College Athlete Ally Chapter.
- Serves as Harvard’s Athletics Diversity and Inclusion Designee for the NCAA and Ivy League. Represent Harvard on the Ivy League EDIB Committee and other committees and/or initiatives, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience, a postgraduate degree can be counted as one year toward this requirement.