Assistant Director of Athletics, External Strategy will lead strategy, development, organization, and execution of advertising and digital campaigns to grow Fighting Illini Athletics revenue streams. This position will work closely with the Illinois Marketing Department, Ticket Office, Licensing, I FUND, Strategic Initiatives, Office of Development, Athletics Communication and Premium Seating.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an active member on DIA’s Senior Leadership Staff, engaging in critical group thinking, committee work and completing special projects;
- Serve as a senior advisor to the executive staff on all external strategy development to enhance digital engagement, advertising and revenue campaigns initiatives;
- Through tireless collaboration, create a unified environment encompassing all DIA units to appropriately demonstrate DIA’s commitment to a life-changing student-athlete experience;
- Demand a championship mindset from staff focused on integrity, individual contribution and accountability, collaboration, and competitive urgency; and
- Serve as a visible, positive ambassador for the University of Illinois and DIA in all public-facing responsibilities, creating stronger partnerships with our various communities (local, regional, state, campus, and industry-specific)
- Bachelor's Degree Three years of professional experience with Power Five conferences, professional athletics advancement, solicitation, sales, athletic university marketing, and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in sales and/ or marketing.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates.