The Assistant Director of Athletics for Facilities & Arena Operations is an integral member of the athletics senior staff with oversight responsibilities over all aspects of athletic facility operations. This position will directly manage and ensure proper function of both indoor and outdoor athletic facilities, as well as coordinate all staff necessary for safe and effective operations.
- Bachelor degree; Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience with athletic event/facility.
- management/operations and athletic scheduling at the collegiate/professional level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of athletic facilities management, including ice rink and pool operations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, detail oriented and ability to work with diverse group of staff members.
- Strong customer service with the ability to troubleshoot and handle pressure situations.
- Facility maintenance and safety.
- Effective management of equipment and systems to ensure proper function.
- Attain proper certifications for specialized facility and equipment operations.
- Venue set-up and breakdown.
- Coordination of visiting teams and officials.
- Implementing emergency plans and procedures.
- Hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising event, student staff and interns.
- Maintain master calendar of events taking place at athletics facilities, including games, practices.
- community hours and campus events.
- Payroll supervision and oversight for students and part-time staff.