Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, the Assistant Director of Athletics for Academic Success will assist with the developmental academic advising of the College’s student-athletes in conjunction with the Office of Academic Services. The incumbent will be responsible for counseling student-athletes on academic goals and concerns serving as a liaison between the Athletic Department and Academic Success Office, monitoring student-athletes’ personal and academic development, administrative duties, and will have considerable interaction with student-athletes.
- Serves as Athletics Liaison to the Office of Academic Success.
- Meet regularly with all first year student-athletes, transfers and at-risk student-athletes to monitor their personal and academic progress.
- Advise and monitor the progress of all student-athletes who have received academic referrals, are on academic probation, or are in jeopardy academically.
- Develop and implement student-athlete time management and study strategy workshops, and course registration workshops.
- Assist student-athletes to develop a four/five year academic profile to ensure on-time graduation.
- Work closely with the Center for Academic Excellence to schedule tutoring sessions for student-athletes as needed.
- Strong interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to advise/motivate student athletes.
- Experience planning, developing and administering budgets helpful.
- Elevated computer skills and ability to adapt to new technology enhancements.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.