The Assistant Director of Athletics for Communications is responsible for assisting with the administrative duties of the athletics department specific to athletic communications and scheduling. The successful candidate will support the entire athletics department, working closely with all department members by providing support to the College’s thirteen varsity teams with regard to statistical record keeping, marketing and promotion of MHC’s student-athletes and athletics programs.
- Manage office and student staff to support daily athletic communications and events.
- Manage the athletic communications budget.
- Responsible for athletic event management including in-game statistics and video streaming.
- Record and distribute statistical information to the appropriate organizations.
- Create, write, edit and publish all athletic publications.
- Manage and update the athletic website.
- Write, edit, and submit press releases for athletics and athletic events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related field and experience within communications/sports information field (graduate assistant positions and internships are acceptable) or a related field.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, or other design/video production software required.