The position of Assistant Director of Athletics for NCAA Education and Compliance Services & Student-Athlete Success assists in overseeing the general rules compliance of the Department of Athletics with all University, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Work with the Associate Director to oversee departmental compliance with NCAA, Colonial Athletics Association, and other conference affiliates to comply with policies and procedures that are put forth.
- Coordinate and create compliance rules education sessions with the athletics department staff related University personnel, booster organizations, student-athletes, managers, and coaches.
- Assist in all student-athletes eligibility, including initial, continuing, and transfer eligibility status. In addition to eligibility, this position will also oversee all eligibility waivers.
- Assist in the filing of waivers, violations, and interpretation requests as necessary.
- Monitor day-to-day compliance activities including but not limited to: playing and practice season reports, official and unofficial visits, off campus recruiting, camps and clinics, and other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
- Oversee the National Letter of Intent Program for student-athletes.
- Develop strong capability in using Navigate retention software and CONNECT for maintaining accurate electronic records on students.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Athletics Representative at multiple levels (i.e., Conference, Provost, College, and School).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience drafting NCAA violations and waivers.
- Working knowledge of all NCAA Single Sign-On Applications.