The Assistant Director of Athletics for External Operations serves as the senior development officer for Northeastern State University’s department of athletics. As such, this position develops and implements a vital and comprehensive fund raising program with the primary purpose of generating community, corporate and alumni support as well as private funding for the identified priorities of the department of athletics and each individual sport.
- Coordinate all fund raising-efforts from planning through implementation;
- Direct all cultivation and solicitation strategies for private support from donors and prospects. Engage in personal solicitation of annual and major gifts for department of athletics priorities;
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative relationships with members of the NSU Foundation. Work closely with the Foundation staff in all matters pertaining to the department of athletics development activities;
- Develop annual athletics fund raising goals, objectives and athletics department private fund raising priorities in cooperation with the Director of Athletics ~ Chief Athletics Officer. Design and implement strategies to achieve the identified goals and objectives;
- Serve as an ambassador to solicit support for the NSU Department of Athletics projects and priorities. Cultivate and solicit corporate and community membership in the NSU Athletic Association, corporate partnerships, capital campaign and other revenue opportunities;
- Oversee forwarding of checks, cash and credit card information to the Foundation for accurate reporting of all financial records.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Oklahoma for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.