The Assistant Director of Athletics for Student-Athlete Advising will report to the Director of Athletics and ensure a commitment to academic excellence and to the holistic development of all student-athletes. This position is responsible for the advising of student-athletes, developing strategies for academic success and graduation, life skills programming, and post-graduate career advising.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement academic support services for student-athletes including: oversight and coordination of academic advising, course scheduling, major declaration, and tutorial services.
- Collaborate with athletics compliance staff to monitor progress-towards-degree and other NCAA, conference and university academic eligibility requirements.
- Conduct academic meetings with student-athletes.
- Assist with course selection, scheduling and registration.
- Teach students about advising based systems and how to best utilize them for success (e.g. Degree Progress Reports, Student Hub, Student Success Collaborative-Guide and Campus, etc.)
- Maintain confidential student files as well as documenting all advising sessions using Banner Student Success Collaborative (SSC) program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in academic advising or student services.
- Demonstrated understanding of the eligibility requirements of student-athletes as established by university and NCAA regulations.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students, faculty, and staff.