Reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics, Marketing & Sales, this position is responsible for leading and developing a comprehensive marketing and fan experience strategy across 42 varsity teams and recreation. Additionally, this position will collaborate closely with internal departments, as well as external consultants, vendors and organizations to increase revenue through ticket, sponsorship, merchandise and concession sales efforts.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy to promote 42 varsity teams to a wide and diverse audience to generate revenue, increase attendance and enhance awareness of Harvard Athletics.
- Develops and oversees marketing and fan engagement budget to support strategy and plans.
- Responsible for overall fan engagement and customer experience strategy, including creation of innovative ideas that engage new and existing fans.
- Uses data analytics and independent judgement to develop innovative marketing initiatives and builds customer data to support sales growth.
- Creates digital marketing and advertising strategies focused on increasing attendance with customer acquisition and retention across all sports, as well as generating sales revenue for 7 ticketed sports.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of progressive marketing and/or sales work experience.
- Management and supervisory experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced degree or certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing, fan engagement and sales, including collegiate athletics, preferably at the Division 1 level.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proven ability to multi-task efficiently, manage deadlines and produce results.
- Creative and innovative thinker.