The department of Athletics at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Athletics Marketing. This position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Athletics Director for Athletics Marketing with the daily operations of the Athletics Marketing unit.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Direct ticket marketing campaigns for women’s basketball, women’s soccer, men’s soccer & gymnastics and other varsity sports as assigned and special events, including season ticket sales, single game ticket sales, group ticket sales and game promotions. Duties include developing and tracking mailings and email campaigns, media and telemarketing schedules, and working with outside promotional sponsors.
- Direct postseason ticket marketing campaigns in women’s basketball, women’s soccer, men’s soccer & gymnastics and other varsity sports as assigned and special events, including developing the allocation plan, developing and tracking mailings, and sales schedule. Must possess interpersonal skills, ability to logically plan and ability to understand technical material.
- Direct group, season and single game ticket sales and solicit contributions for assigned sports by personal contact via travel and telephone. Sales goals will be established and performance will be evaluated upon those goals.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in sports administration, business administration, marketing or similar field or an equivalent combination of education and significant, directly related experience.
- One (1) year of experience in collegiate athletics marketing, preferably at the Division I level. Graduate Assistant experience is acceptable.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to.
- Interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.