Longwood University invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Assistant Director of Development - Athletics (FA063) in Institutional Advancement. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the planning and execution of shared experiences for Longwood Athletics donors and stakeholders as well as the management of a comprehensive donor relations engagement plan, including acknowledgements and fulfillment of appreciation packages and communications.
- Strategic planning and implementation of shared experiences for all athletic citizen leader society donors and select high level donors, including invitations, RSVP tracking, collaboration with vendors, creation of event itineraries and day of execution.
- To include, but not limited to: Tip-Off, Blue & White Scrimmage, virtual events, home game events (welcome reception for parents/donors at home openers).
- Maintain standard in-office working schedule to accommodate in-person visits with current and prospective athletics donors.
- Manage and execute comprehensive donor relations engagement plan including gift tracking, acknowledgement notifications, and fulfillment of appreciation packages.
- Carry out custom acknowledgement plans for high level athletic gifts.
- Enhance and execute new and innovative ways to improve donor experience and donor acknowledgements.
- In collaboration with other Advancement team members, execute all aspects of retreat planning, annual reports, stewardship, communications to program members, events to steward and recruit new members for these groups.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Master's Degree preferred; Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience and/or training required.
- Experience in fundraising, communications, or relevant field is preferred.
- Experience in athletics/engagement and/or development, preferably in higher education.
- Understanding of the needs and interests of constituents in order to develop relationships between them and the University.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas and multiple competing priorities.
- Must have an extreme and honed attention to detail.
- Must be able to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and advance strategic advancement plans.
- Frequent travel around the region and Commonwealth, weekend, and evening work required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.