The Assistant Director of Marketing will lead departmental efforts for marketing initiatives for the Sacred Heart ice hockey programs. This person will be a main driver in creating and managing marketing and promotional campaigns and associated budgets designed to increase home game attendance and ticket sales.
- Oversee the design of effective internal and external marketing and advertising initiatives to increase attendance and revenue.
- Develop and implement new strategies to engage fans at SHU ice hockey games and events. Identify and develop business partnerships between community groups, university departments, alumni, and other organizations to aid SHU Athletics marketing and sales efforts.
- Coordinate with the athletic communications staff with the execution of social/digital media campaigns that will heighten the program's brand, as well as increase awareness and ticket sales.
- Oversee production and design of sport posters, and other promotional items.
- Coordinate with corporate sponsorship partner on the fulfill sponsorship assets that will enhance the fan experience.
- Work with the assistant director of fan engagement to implement and execute game-night themes to increase revenue, fan engagement and attendance.
- Bachelor's degree with related experience in marketing or similar field.
- Significant experience working in a marketing and promotions atmosphere.
- Experience developing written marketing and promotions plans and coordinating special events.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar computer programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Sacred Heart University is a space that respects and embraces differences, recognizes the unique contributions that individuals can make, and creates a community that maximizes the potential of all faculty and staff. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the wider world in which we live.