The Assistant Director of Scouting position is in place to assist in the player evaluation aspects within the college scouting space by way of the transfer portal, along with setting a comparative environment through the evaluation of our own roster and players who currently compete within the conference. This position will also assist coaches in preparation for upcoming opponents through an advance scouting process as part of the department as a whole.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the creation of the weekly in-season advance used to create an introductory snapshot of opponents for coaches as they begin their game planning process.
- Evaluation of players on the WVU roster and other Big 12 rosters to analyze and identify strength and weaknesses of a roster.
- Transfer portal organization, providing early identification of potential transfer options to pursue during the transfer portal windows.
- Oversight of the scouting department student assistant program.
- Development and maintenance of the Catapult scouting database on the college scouting side.
- Management of the portal best available board throughout the season with a thorough understanding of the talent available relative to the current roster and conference.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of college athletics experience as a player, coach, or staff member or related field.
- Ability to evaluate talent using a set standard of position specifics and critical factors that relate to a player’s ability to succeed in the game of football.
- Ability to project future valuation of a player in regards to his peers.
- Time management to balance all of the evaluative requirements for the job.
- Being able to stay organized with tracking lists and multiple teams to watch and evaluate throughout a season.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
Swim Coach new