The University of Oklahoma Athletics Department is seeking a qualified and passionate candidate to work closely with the Director of Sport Science providing applied sport science services to all OU student athletes as the Assistant Director of Sport Science.
- Serve as the primary sport scientist for specific teams with an emphasis on Football and Recovery (designated by the Director of Sport Science).
- Develop effective sportspecific educational presentations and handout materials for student athletes with emphasis on recovery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with coaching staff, strength & conditioning staff, athletic trainers, team physicians, mental health staff, and administration regarding performance science and research/development.
- Assist with individual and team game day operations related to preparation assessments (e.g., kinetic, and kinematic analysis, workload, and preparedness monitoring) and recovery strategies.
- Assess and analyze preparation and recovery practices, including needs analysis, physiological and biomechanical assessments, and customized recovery protocols.
- Assist research, analysis and translation of scientific inquiry and research studies sport science initiatives.
- Potential travel with various teams possible.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of performance science practices.
- Ability to work a nonstandard work week, including breaks, holidays, and weekends.
- Capability of delegating tasks/duties effectively and efficiently to department members
- Effective communication, presentation, and counseling skills.
- Knowledge of monitoring and recovery tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of data management, analysis, and data visualization.
- Competent in coding language (preferably R), data analysis (R, SAS, SPSS, JASP, etc.)