Pacific Lutheran University is seeking a creative-minded Assistant Director of Sports Communication to lead promotional content creation for athletic communications, including our 19 NCAA III intercollegiate programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create highly engaging, dynamic content for PLU Athletics (including but not limited to written stories, videos, and social media) to recruit and retain student-athletes.
- Assist with the graphic design and production of all sports communication materials.
- Conceptualize and produce dynamic video content to support and enhance organizational branding and recruiting.
- Manage video content for GoLutes.com and social media platforms, including the livestreaming of home events, highlight videos, special event videos, and features.
- Assist in managing Athletics website content through the Sidearm Sports platform.
- Coordinate student-athlete interviews.
- Assist with fostering and managing the overall Athletics brand.
- Cultivate fan engagement on all social media, including prospective student-athletes and their families.
- Assist with traditional SID duties for selected sports, including management of game day staff, video streaming, social media, and post-game recaps.
- 4 years of experience in marketing, sports information or related field in the sports industry. Education can substitute for some experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license (Must have had valid driver’s license for at least 2 years).
- Finalist applicants must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background checks, including a driving abstract check, and pass PLU’s Drivers Certification Training.