The Assistant Director of Sports Information position reports directly to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Media Relations and serves as the primary communications contact for assigned sports and manages the athletic department website. This position generates content and arranges interviews for coaches, student-athletes and staff with local, regional, national and digital media.
- Experience with SIDEARM platforms, Adobe Premier and StatCrew statistical software.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, web production or a related field.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work nights, weekends as holidays.
- Serve as the primary communications contact for sports as assigned; generate written, oral and visual content; arrange interviews for coaches, student-athletes and staff with local, regional, national and digital media.
- Manage the athletic department website, including generating content in written, audio and visual formats; produce html layout for select pages; coordinate digital content with other athletic departments; coordinate with external provider for website, mobile apps, statistical integration, live audio and video streaming, and e-commerce platforms.
- Write news and feature material on athletic department personnel.