The University of Louisiana Monroe, an NCAA Division I member of the Sun Belt Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Sports Medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine for all matters pertaining to ULM athletics.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to sports coverage with travel, and athletic training room supervision.
- Athletic training operations at all games/events as necessary.
- Coordinates the care, prevention, and treatment of athletic injuries to student-athletes in all sports programs.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and detailed medical records for all student-athlete injuries.
- Arranges for injury and illness treatment by team physicians and other physicians as necessary.
- Serves as liaison to all medical care providers.
- Manages the drug-testing program.
- Manages the athletic training budget within the parameters of the approved operating budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer (NATA BOC).
- Eligible for, obtain and maintain license to practice Athletic Training in Louisiana.
- Current CPR/First Aid/Automatic External Defibrillator(AED) Certification.