The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Assistant Director of Sports Medicine for Football. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Sports Medicine. The Assistant Director of Sports Medicine (Football) provides an educational environment for recruiting and training student trainers.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Athletics for Sports Medicine in the supervision of the Athletic Training Room.
- Provides first aid and emergency care for athletic related injuries.
- Assists with home and away events.
- Maintains medical and insurance records.
- Maintains inventory and supplies.
- Recruits and supervises student trainers.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations.
- Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program.