The Assistant Director of Sports Nutrition - Football works under the direction of the Director of Sports Nutrition in effectively executing all day-to-day nutrition operations for the football program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all nutrition and dietitian related services provided to football student athletes.
- Assist in management of LaPorte fueling station operations, including scheduling, procurement, ordering, receiving, and inventory.
- Train, manage, and mentor incoming volunteers, paid students, and interns on policies, procedures and expectations.
- Help to provide nutritional counseling and education for individual football student-athletes.
- Help Implement nutritional plans, including consultation on team meals and fueling strategies based on schedule/activities.
- Help collaborate with sport coaches, strength and conditioning staff, sports medicine staff and related student-athlete service providers to ensure a comprehensive approach to training, nutrition and recovery, as well as aiding in the treatment of nutritional-related medical issues.
- Help plan and implement nutritional recovery process for football student athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Nutrition Science, Dietetics, or a related field is required; Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science, Dietetics or related field is preferred.
- Registered Dietitian via the American Dietetic Association are required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Registered Dietitian in collegiate athletics at the Division I level or comparable is required. Tennessee state licensure or licensure eligible is required.