The Assistant Director of Sports Performance provides comprehensive sports performance programs with the goal of improving sports performance and mitigating injury potential for all athletic teams, as specified by the Director of Sports Performance.
- Assists director of sports performance in development of athletic performance training programs for assigned teams.
- Implements appropriate training programs for student-athletes regardless of skill-level and/or training experience.
- Monitors correct exercise technique at all times.
- Keeps record of important key performance indicators to track student-athlete development over time
- Collaborates with sports medicine team on return to play protocols of injured student-athletes.
- Reports to head sport coaches about student-athletes performance and rate of progress.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to establish positive relationships with student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
- Assists with oversight of assistants and interns in sports performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of successful rehabilitation processes of injured student-athletes.
- Knowledge of proper nutrition practices and ability to educate student-athletes within the scope of a strength and conditioning professional.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Ability to coach student-athletes.
- Ability to develop relationships with players, coaches, sports medicine, and administration.
- Ability to recognize potential health risks of student-athletes.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to circumstances.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff.