Under the supervision of the Sports Director, the Assistant Sports Director is responsible for assisting in planning, development, implementation, expansion and evaluation of youth and adult sport programs. The principal objective will be to develop meaningful programs and services to fulfill the YMCA’s mission during the summer months as Asst. Pikati Director, the role will transition to work with the camping department.
- B.S. or equivalent in Physical Education, Community Recreation or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years recreational experience with leading and coaching groups of children in different sports in a supportive environment that encourages self-confidence.
- Proficient in all standard business software, i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good role model, high integrity, and professionalism, and adaptable.
- Currently holds or is working towards YMCA Team Leader Certificate.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
- An understanding of the needs of the communities served by the West Suburban YMCA.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports programing within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to think about strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
- Assists in the management of all aspects of day-to-day operations.
- Ability to develop and maintain high levels of customer service.
- Supervising gymnasium, track, field all other facilities and participants utilizing the facilities.
- Over-seeing facility schedule, maintaining equipment, and safety of facilities.
- Assisting in hiring/onboarding/ training/scheduling/supervising staff.